Walt Disney World
The Disney magic begins here!
Who hasn’t dreamed of visiting Walt Disney at least once in their life? If your parents did not bring you when you were young, you surely hope to go one day with your own kids or your friends… And why not now?
Walt Disney World Resort is THE most magical holiday destination in the world. Whether it’s with your family or with other adults, all age groups will find what they’re looking for. Kids will be amazed and grown-ups will find their inner child.
Explore Walt Disney World Resort
To help you find out more about this magical place, here is some useful information on the Disney World theme parks, attractions, lodging, food and more.
Discover our favourite attractions and our tips for experiencing an unforgettable stay in the wonderful world of Mickey Mouse!
Walt Disney World Resort is:
- 4 theme parks
- 2 waterparks
- 2 entertainment districts
- More than 20 themed hotels
- Countless restaurants, boutiques and activities
Lodging at Disney offers numerous advantages. Besides lodging directly on the site and being close to the attractions, you will be eligible for the “Extra Magic Hours” that allow you to spend more time in the parks prior to opening and after closing. You will also benefit from express transportation from the airport to the hotel. Interesting, isn’t it?
You will see that there are different themed hotel categories in different price categories. In order to help you with your choice, discover our photo album of the Walt Disney World Resort’s nicest hotel rooms.
Discover the 4 theme parks of Walt Disney World Resort
With its Cinderella castle, this park is by far the favourite of children and many adults alike. Enjoy the classic attractions, be amazed by the firework shows and meet the most popular Disney characters while exploring six fantastic worlds.
See the streets of Magic Kingdom come to life with the musical parades, which feature more than 100 lively performers! Simply magic!
Magic Kingdom being absolutely gigantic, it is impossible to visit the full site in a single day. If you visit only one park, choose this one! It is the only place where real life begins with, “Once upon a time…”.
This most educational park is divided into two distinct kingdoms: Future World, showcasing technological innovations, and World Showcase which immerses guests within the culture and cuisine of 11 countries. Epcot is, however, less recommended for young children.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
This park devoted to cinema offers many live shows, including impressive stunt performances. Dive into the action with attractions inspired by the best movies and television shows. At Disney’s Hollywood Studios you can find two main attractions reaching higher levels of adrenalin: Rock’n‘Roller Coaster and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Half attraction park, half zoo, Disney’s Animal Kingdom is the world’s largest animal theme park with more than 1700 animals of 250 different species. Greener, more shaded and more contemplative, it is the favourite park of many adults.
Discover the 10 favourites of our travel consultants. These will certainly inspire you to dream a little!
The night parade at Magic Kingdom, with its thousands of light bulbs, its parade floats and its classic Disney characters.
2 best roller coasters
Expedition Everest, in Animal Kingdom, for its endless drop through the Himalayan mountains and sightings of the mythic Abominable Snowman. High adrenaline guaranteed.
Rock’n‘Roller Coaster in Hollywood Studios will take you for a ride through the dark roads of Los Angeles in a gigantic limousine to the classic tunes of Aerosmith. It will leave you speechless!
The theatrical performance Finding Nemo – The Musical, in Animal Kingdom, brings to life the characters of the animated movie Finding Nemo through giant puppets. This 30-minute show is presented all day long on an indoor stage.
Be Our Guest in Magic Kingdom is a restaurant located in the castle of the famous movie The Beauty and the Beast. Breakfasts, lunches and dinners are served in a magical atmosphere. This restaurant is a must during your stay.
Art of Animation Resort offers you the chance to stay in your favourite animated movie, such as Finding Nemo, Cars, The Lion King and The Little Mermaid You won’t believe your eyes when you see the well decorated family suites and the wonderfully detailed landscapes.
Dumbo the Flying Elephant in Magic Kingdom. Fly (but not too high) on the ears of the lovely Dumbo, the flying elephant.
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror of Hollywood Studios. A haunted elevator that goes up for 13 floors before the cables give out leaving the passengers to drop into the abyss.
The World Showcase in Epcot invites guests to discover the culture and gastronomy of 11 countries: Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, United States of America, Japan, Morocco, France, United Kingdom and Canada. Epicureans will be well served.
10 tips and advice for a successful trip to Disney!
- The best time to visit Disney World is between the weekend of Thanksgiving (end of November) and the week before Christmas. Stay informed about special offers!
- Limit your outings to only one park per day.
- Spend half a day shopping in a single place, Downtown Disney, where you can find the world’s biggest Disney store!
- To enjoy Disney to the fullest: plan! Following the reservation of your stay, go on My Disney Experiencethat allows you to plan your trip one day at a time and manage all the details of your holiday. This tool is brilliant!
- Arrive early! 45 minutes before the opening, if possible, during high season. It is the best way to be one of the first through the turnstiles and limit the wait for the most famous attractions. During the off-season, 15 minutes may suffice.
- Make a list of the rides you wish to do and get no-queuing tickets called FastPass+. The Disney FastPass+ service is included in the entry ticket for the theme parks, at no additional cost! It will allow you to save a lot of waiting time.
- Reserve your restaurants a few weeks before your departure date if you wish to secure a table at the different themed restaurants of Disney.
- Find out more about the meal plans offered by Disney. They will help you save a lot of money.
- Leave your car and use the park’s public transportation system.
- To avoid your children’s disappointment, inform them before your outing that they may not have access to all the rides if they do not meet the required height.
Disney Cruises Line
Did you know that there are still Disney Cruises? The Disney Cruise Line offers many stunning destinations for unforgettable family cruises. With its themes and its Disney characters, it will amaze you.
The company has four ships: Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. Also, the company owns a private island in the Bahamas named Castaway Cay, an island reserved for Disney cruisers.